A previous version of this article was presented at the 2005 annual meeting of the American Political Science Association in Washington, DC. We wish to thank the editor and the anonymous reviewers for their insightful suggestions during the review process. Likewise, we appreciate the many helpful comments given by Walt Stone, Bob Jackson, Tom Carsey, Gary Jacobson, and Chris Reenock on earlier drafts of this article. The article has benefited substantially from their feedback.
Assessing the “Experience Bonus” Through Examining Strategic Entry, Candidate Quality, and Campaign Receipts in U.S. House Elections
Article first published online: 9 JUL 2008
©2008, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 52, Issue 3, pages 520–535, July 2008
How to Cite
Maestas, C. D. and Rugeley, C. R. (2008), Assessing the “Experience Bonus” Through Examining Strategic Entry, Candidate Quality, and Campaign Receipts in U.S. House Elections. American Journal of Political Science, 52: 520–535. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2008.00327.x
- Issue published online: 9 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 9 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!