The authors thank the Social Capital Initiative of the World Bank and the National Bureau of Economic Research for funding. We also thank the staff of ICS for their participation and support of this project, especially Chip Bury, Robert Namunyu, Moses Osia, and Sylvie Moulin. This article has benefited from research assistance from David Evans, Nava Ashraf, Stephen Barham, and Maria Gomez. We thank Ben Olken and Dan Wood for suggestions on the model. We thank David Evans, Archon Fung, Jennifer Hochschild, Jessica Leino, Malgosia Madajewicz, Edward Miguel, Aseem Prakash, and participants at conferences at the World Bank Research Department, Bureau for Research and Economic Analysis of Development (BREAD), and the Working Group on African Political Economy at UCLA for helpful comments.
Outside Funding and the Dynamics of Participation in Community Associations
Article first published online: 9 JUL 2008
©2008, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 52, Issue 3, pages 585–602, July 2008
How to Cite
Gugerty, M. K. and Kremer, M. (2008), Outside Funding and the Dynamics of Participation in Community Associations. American Journal of Political Science, 52: 585–602. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2008.00331.x
- Issue published online: 9 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 9 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!