We would like to thank Kathleen Bawn, Ken Benoit, Jim DeNardo, Tim Groseclose, James Honaker, Thomas König, Jeff Lewis, Will Lowe, Burt Monroe, George Tsebelis, several anonymous reviewers, and participants at the UCLA Methods Workshop and the 2007 annual meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association for their comments and suggestions. In addition, we thank the Zentralarchiv für Empirische Sozialforschung at the University of Cologne, Germany, for providing us with the German party manifestos in electronic format. The order of authors' names reflects the principle of rotation. Both authors have contributed equally to all work.
A Scaling Model for Estimating Time-Series Party Positions from Texts
Article first published online: 9 JUL 2008
©2008, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 52, Issue 3, pages 705–722, July 2008
How to Cite
Slapin, J. B. and Proksch, S.-O. (2008), A Scaling Model for Estimating Time-Series Party Positions from Texts. American Journal of Political Science, 52: 705–722. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2008.00338.x
- Issue published online: 9 JUL 2008
- Article first published online: 9 JUL 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!