Earlier versions of this article were presented at workshops at the University of British Columbia and at the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research. We wish to thank all of the participants at these workshops and particularly Ken Carty, Chris Kam, Jay McCann, Go Murakami, Roger Myerson, Angela O'Mahony, Torsten Persson, Susan Rose-Ackerman, Jun Saito, Alberto Simpser, Guido Tabellini, and Mark Warren, as well as the Editor and anonymous referees, for their helpful comments. Benjamin Nyblade acknowledges the support of the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council and is grateful for the research assistance of Mila Shah.
Who Cheats? Who Loots? Political Competition and Corruption in Japan, 1947–1993
Article first published online: 29 SEP 2008
©2008, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 52, Issue 4, pages 926–941, October 2008
How to Cite
Nyblade, B. and Reed, S. R. (2008), Who Cheats? Who Loots? Political Competition and Corruption in Japan, 1947–1993. American Journal of Political Science, 52: 926–941. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2008.00351.x
- Issue published online: 29 SEP 2008
- Article first published online: 29 SEP 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!