Earlier versions of this research were presented at the 2007 and 2008 annual meetings of the International Studies Association, Chicago and San Francisco; a 2007 PIPES workshop at the University of Chicago; the 2005 annual meeting of the Peace Science Society, Iowa City; and the 2005 annual meeting of the American Political Science Association, Washington, DC. The authors thank Jesse Johnson, Shireen Nasir, Ashwan Reddy, Patricia Restrepo, and Alice Tsao for research assistance, Zachary Elkins and Tom Ginsburg for sharing data, and Terry Chapman, Giacomo Chiozza, Joe Clare, Barbara Geddes, Hein Goemans, Marc Kilgour, Stephen Long, Lanny Martin, Cliff Morgan, Jim Morrow, Bill Reed, Burcu Savun, John Stevenson, Randy Stevenson, Mike Tomz, Greg Vonnahme, and seminar participants at PIPES and the University of Texas for helpful advice. Portions of this work were completed while Leeds was serving as a Campbell National Fellow and Susan Louise Dyer Peace Fellow at the Hoover Institution at Stanford University. Data for replication are available at http://www.ruf.rice.edu/~leeds.
Interests, Institutions, and the Reliability of International Commitments
Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2009
©2009, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 53, Issue 2, pages 461–476, April 2009
How to Cite
Leeds, B. A., Mattes, M. and Vogel, J. S. (2009), Interests, Institutions, and the Reliability of International Commitments. American Journal of Political Science, 53: 461–476. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2009.00381.x
- Issue online: 27 MAR 2009
- Version of Record online: 27 MAR 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!