This research was partly supported by the European Commission Fifth Framework (project number SERD-2002-00061) and by the Irish Research Council for Humanities and the Social Sciences. We thank Andrea Volkens for generously sharing her experience and data regarding the CMP; Thomas Daubler for research assistance; and Thomas Daubler, Gary King, Michael D. McDonald, Oli Proksch, and Jon Slapin for comments. We also thank James Adams, Garrett Glasgow, Simon Hix, Abdoul Noury, and Sona Golder for providing and assisting with their replication datasets and code.
Treating Words as Data with Error: Uncertainty in Text Statements of Policy Positions
Article first published online: 27 MAR 2009
©2009, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 53, Issue 2, pages 495–513, April 2009
How to Cite
Benoit, K., Laver, M. and Mikhaylov, S. (2009), Treating Words as Data with Error: Uncertainty in Text Statements of Policy Positions. American Journal of Political Science, 53: 495–513. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2009.00383.x
- Issue published online: 27 MAR 2009
- Article first published online: 27 MAR 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!