An earlier version of the article was presented to the 2007 annual meeting of the American Political Science Association, Chicago, to the 2007 conference of the Elections, Public Opinion and Parties specialist group of the United Kingdom Political Studies Association, Bristol, and to the 2007 General Conference of the European Consortium for Political Research, Pisa. We are very grateful for comments made by participants at those events. Suggestions of the journal's editor and four anonymous referees were particularly helpful for improvement of the article. We thank the British Academy for research support through its small grant, The Policy Priorities of UK Governments: A Content Analysis of King's and Queen's Speeches, 1945–2005, and the project coders for their diligent work. Will Jennings thanks the British Academy for additional research support through the Research Fellowship, Vox Pop? The Regulation of Government by Public Opinion. All omissions, errors, and interpretations are of course our own.
The Dynamics of Political Attention: Public Opinion and the Queen's Speech in the United Kingdom
Version of Record online: 18 SEP 2009
©2009, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 53, Issue 4, pages 838–854, October 2009
How to Cite
Jennings, W. and John, P. (2009), The Dynamics of Political Attention: Public Opinion and the Queen's Speech in the United Kingdom. American Journal of Political Science, 53: 838–854. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2009.00404.x
- Issue online: 18 SEP 2009
- Version of Record online: 18 SEP 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!