We acknowledge the helpful feedback of participants in the UCLA Cross Disciplinary Political Economy Workshop, the UCLA Political Economy Reading Group, the 2008 MPSA Conference, and the 2008 APSA Conference. Comments from Gary Cox, John de Figueiredo, Daniel Dias, Sanford Gordon, Tim Groseclose, Thad Kousser, Ed Leamer, Jeff Lewis, and David Primo were particularly helpful. We are also grateful for the insights provided by several lobbyists we spoke with on background who wish to remain anonymous. Suggestions from five anonymous reviewers also improved the article. Any errors, however, are entirely our own. Samphantharak and Timmons thank the UCLA International Institute and its Global Fellows program for financial support. A longer prepublication working paper version of this article is available online on the Social Sciences Research Network at http://ssrn.com/abstract=1082146; it contains additional information related to the construction of our dataset, technical details, and information on further robustness checks not included here.
Lobbying and Taxes
Version of Record online: 18 SEP 2009
©2009, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 53, Issue 4, pages 893–909, October 2009
How to Cite
Richter, B. K., Samphantharak, K. and Timmons, J. F. (2009), Lobbying and Taxes. American Journal of Political Science, 53: 893–909. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2009.00407.x
- Issue online: 18 SEP 2009
- Version of Record online: 18 SEP 2009
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!