I thank staff members of the Albany Times-Union and the Center for Governmental Research in Rochester, NY, particularly Kent Gardner and Erika Rosenberg, for compiling and sharing data, for their technical assistance with the New York legislative pork earmark records, and for helpful background information. I thank New York Assembly Member James N. Tedisco and legislative staffer Phil Oliva for their help in compiling and providing Member Item spending records. I thank the numerous New York legislative staff members who generously agreed to be interviewed and provided invaluable information and anecdotes about Member Items. I thank Karen Long Jusko, René Lindstädt, Alberto Diaz-Cayeros, Beatriz Magaloni, David Laitin, Josh Clinton, Claire Adida, Jesse Driscoll, Neil Malhotra, Connor Raso, Jonathan Rodden, and the three AJPS reviewers for helpful comments on earlier drafts. Versions of this article were presented at the 2008 Midwest and American Political Science Association meetings and at the 2009 Conference on Bicameralism at Vanderbilt University.
The Effect of Electoral Geography on Pork Barreling in Bicameral Legislatures
Version of Record online: 9 APR 2010
©2010, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 54, Issue 2, pages 301–322, April 2010
How to Cite
Chen, J. (2010), The Effect of Electoral Geography on Pork Barreling in Bicameral Legislatures. American Journal of Political Science, 54: 301–322. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2010.00432.x
- Issue online: 9 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 9 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!