This article builds on earlier work coauthored with Alicia Bannon. The authors thank members of the Working Group in African Political Economy, the editors of the Afrobarometer Working Paper Series, two anonymous reviewers, and seminar participants at UCLA, Yale, Princeton, and Michigan State universities for their helpful comments. An earlier version of this article was published as Afrobarometer Working Paper No. 89.
Political Competition and Ethnic Identification in Africa
Version of Record online: 9 APR 2010
©2010, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 54, Issue 2, pages 494–510, April 2010
How to Cite
Eifert, B., Miguel, E. and Posner, D. N. (2010), Political Competition and Ethnic Identification in Africa. American Journal of Political Science, 54: 494–510. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2010.00443.x
- Issue online: 9 APR 2010
- Version of Record online: 9 APR 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!