This is a substantially revised version of a paper presented at the 2006 annual meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association. The authors wish to thank Ben Bishin, Justin Buchler, Stanley Feldman, Jeff Grynaviski, Gary Jacobson, Phil Paolino, Doug Roscoe, the political science colloquium at the University of Miami, and three anonymous referees for comments; Ellen Key, David Perkins, and Andrew Sidman for research assistance; and the Dirksen Center for its financial support of this project.
The Electoral Costs of Party Loyalty in Congress
Article first published online: 21 JUN 2010
©2010, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 54, Issue 3, pages 598–616, July 2010
How to Cite
Carson, J. L., Koger, G., Lebo, M. J. and Young, E. (2010), The Electoral Costs of Party Loyalty in Congress. American Journal of Political Science, 54: 598–616. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2010.00449.x
- Issue published online: 21 JUN 2010
- Article first published online: 21 JUN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!