We thank Jens Grosser for his invaluable advice on the experimental design. We further thank Rebecca Morton, Bernhard Kittel, and Wolfgang Luhan for comments on earlier versions of this article and Ulrich Glassmann for his assistance in the laboratory. Suggestions of the journal's editor and several anonymous referees were particularly helpful to improve the article. Financial support from the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies and from the German Research Foundation (DFG) for the Cologne Laboratory for Economic Research is also gratefully acknowledged.
Taking Others into Account: Self-Interest and Fairness in Majority Decision Making
Version of Record online: 21 JUN 2010
©2010, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 54, Issue 3, pages 667–685, July 2010
How to Cite
Sauermann, J. and Kaiser, A. (2010), Taking Others into Account: Self-Interest and Fairness in Majority Decision Making. American Journal of Political Science, 54: 667–685. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2010.00453.x
- Issue online: 21 JUN 2010
- Version of Record online: 21 JUN 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!