An earlier version of article was presented in 2008 at the “Dictatorships: Their Governance and Social Consequences” conference at Princeton University. We thank the conference participants for their informative comments. We also thank several anonymous reviewers for their insights. All the data, program files, and statistical analyses, as well as additional robustness tests, are available at http://politics.as.nyu.edu/object/datapage.html.
Leader Survival, Revolutions, and the Nature of Government Finance
Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2010
©2010, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 54, Issue 4, pages 936–950, October 2010
How to Cite
De Mesquita, B. B. and Smith, A. (2010), Leader Survival, Revolutions, and the Nature of Government Finance. American Journal of Political Science, 54: 936–950. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2010.00463.x
- Issue online: 12 JUL 2010
- Version of Record online: 12 JUL 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!