Allison J. Sovey is a Ph.D. student in Political Science, Yale University, 115 Prospect Street, Rosenkranz Hall, Room 437, New Haven, CT 06520 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Donald P. Green is A. Whitney Griswold Professor of Political Science, Yale University, 115 Prospect Street, Rosenkranz Hall, Room 437, New Haven, CT 06520 (email@example.com).
Instrumental Variables Estimation in Political Science: A Readers’ Guide
Article first published online: 30 SEP 2010
©2010, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 55, Issue 1, pages 188–200, January 2011
How to Cite
Sovey, A. J. and Green, D. P. (2011), Instrumental Variables Estimation in Political Science: A Readers’ Guide. American Journal of Political Science, 55: 188–200. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2010.00477.x
An earlier version of this article was prepared for the 26th Annual Society for Political Methodology Summer Conference, Yale University. We are grateful to Jake Bowers, John Bullock, Daniel Butler, Thad Dunning, Andrew Gelman, Holger Kern, and Jan Box-Steffensmeier for helpful comments. We also thank Peter Aronow and Mario Chacon, who assisted us in data collection and provided valuable suggestions. This project was funded by support from Yale’s Institution for Social and Policy Studies. We are responsible for any errors.
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 30 SEP 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!