Guy D. Whitten is an Associate Professor of political science at Texas A&M University, 2010 Allen Building, 4348 TAMU, College Station, TX 77843-4348 (email@example.com). Laron K. Williams is an Assistant Professor of political science at Texas Tech University, Holden Hall 113, Box 41015, Lubbock, TX 79409-1045 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Buttery Guns and Welfare Hawks: The Politics of Defense Spending in Advanced Industrial Democracies
Article first published online: 26 OCT 2010
©2010, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 55, Issue 1, pages 117–134, January 2011
How to Cite
Whitten, G. D. and Williams, L. K. (2011), Buttery Guns and Welfare Hawks: The Politics of Defense Spending in Advanced Industrial Democracies. American Journal of Political Science, 55: 117–134. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2010.00479.x
Earlier versions of this article were presented at Rice University, the University of São Paulo, the St. Louis Area Methods Meeting (SLAMM), and the Midwest Political Science Association. We thank these audiences for their suggestions but absolve them of any responsibility for shortcomings in this article.
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 26 OCT 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!