Richard L. Fox is Associate Professor of Political Science, Loyola Marymount University, 1 LMU Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90045 (email@example.com). Jennifer L. Lawless is Associate Professor of Government, American University, 4400 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20016 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Gendered Perceptions and Political Candidacies: A Central Barrier to Women's Equality in Electoral Politics
Article first published online: 25 OCT 2010
©2010, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 55, Issue 1, pages 59–73, January 2011
How to Cite
Fox, R. L. and Lawless, J. L. (2011), Gendered Perceptions and Political Candidacies: A Central Barrier to Women's Equality in Electoral Politics. American Journal of Political Science, 55: 59–73. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2010.00484.x
We are grateful for financial support from Brown University, Union College, Cal State Fullerton, Stanford University, the Carrie Chapman Catt Center, the Center for American Women and Politics, the Taubman Center for Public Policy, the Stanford Institute for the Quantitative Study of Society, Hunt Alternatives Fund, and the Barbara Lee Foundation. We also thank Kathy Dolan, Brian Frederick, Kent Jennings, Karen O’Connor, and Sue Tolleson-Rinehart for comments on previous drafts. Data will be made available upon completion of the next wave of the Citizen Political Ambition Panel Study. In the meantime, please feel free to contact the authors with any questions.
- Issue published online: 7 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 25 OCT 2010
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!