Burcu Savun is Assistant Professor of Political Science, University of Pittsburgh, 4600 Posvar Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15260 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Daniel C. Tirone is a Ph.D. Candidate in the Department of Political Science, University of Pittsburgh, 4600 Posvar Hall, Pittsburgh, PA 15260 (email@example.com).
Foreign Aid, Democratization, and Civil Conflict: How Does Democracy Aid Affect Civil Conflict?
Version of Record online: 1 FEB 2011
©2011, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 55, Issue 2, pages 233–246, April 2011
How to Cite
Savun, B. and Tirone, D. C. (2011), Foreign Aid, Democratization, and Civil Conflict: How Does Democracy Aid Affect Civil Conflict?. American Journal of Political Science, 55: 233–246. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2010.00501.x
A previous version of this article was presented at the 2008 annual meeting of the Peace Science Society (International) in Claremont and the 2009 annual meeting of the American Political Science Association in Toronto. We thank Jen Laks for research assistance, and David Bearce, Finley Biggerstaff, Daniela Donno, Jim Fearon, Steve Finkel, Chuck Gochman, Ashley Leeds, Michaela Mattes, Ted Miguel, Anibal Pérez-Liñán, four anonymous reviewers, and the editor for helpful comments and suggestions. Replication data and a Supplementary Technical Appendix are available at http://www.pitt.edu/~burcu.
- Issue online: 1 APR 2011
- Version of Record online: 1 FEB 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!