Laurel Harbridge is Assistant Professor of Political Science, Faculty Fellow, Institute for Policy Research, Northwestern University, Scott Hall, 601 University Place, Evanston, IL 60208 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Neil Malhotra is Associate Professor of Political Science, University of Pennsylvania, 208 S. 37th St., Room 217, Philadelphia, PA 19104 (email@example.com).
Electoral Incentives and Partisan Conflict in Congress: Evidence from Survey Experiments
Article first published online: 17 MAY 2011
©2011, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 55, Issue 3, pages 494–510, July 2011
How to Cite
Harbridge, L. and Malhotra, N. (2011), Electoral Incentives and Partisan Conflict in Congress: Evidence from Survey Experiments. American Journal of Political Science, 55: 494–510. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2011.00517.x
The authors would like to thank David Brady and Morris Fiorina for the opportunity to participate in the Stanford module of the CCES; Barry Burden, Jamie Druckman, Matthew Levendusky, and Stephen Jessee for comments on previous drafts; and the editor and anonymous reviewers for detailed comments and suggestions. A previous version of this article was presented at the 2009 annual meeting of the American Political Science Association. Data and replication code have been deposited at the IQSS Dataverse Network at Harvard University (study number 15540).
- Issue published online: 5 JUL 2011
- Article first published online: 17 MAY 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!