Yanna Krupnikov is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science, Indiana University, 210 Woodburn Hall, Bloomington, IN 47405 (email@example.com).
When Does Negativity Demobilize? Tracing the Conditional Effect of Negative Campaigning on Voter Turnout
Article first published online: 13 JUN 2011
©2011, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 55, Issue 4, pages 797–813, October 2011
How to Cite
Krupnikov, Y. (2011), When Does Negativity Demobilize? Tracing the Conditional Effect of Negative Campaigning on Voter Turnout. American Journal of Political Science, 55: 797–813. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2011.00522.x
I would like to thank John Geer for sharing his advertising data. I also thank Rebecca Jones of the American National Election Studies for her help in obtaining 2000 and 2004 ANES geographic data. I thank Nathaniel Birkhead, Ted Brader, Bryce Corrigan, Carolina de Miguel Moyer, Erika Fowler, John Jackson, Shanna Kirschner, Richard Lau, Adam Seth Levine, Arthur Lupia, Spencer Piston, David Peterson, David Redlawsk, Travis Ridout, Nicholas Valentino, Frank Yates, and the three anonymous reviewers for their feedback.
- Issue published online: 12 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 13 JUN 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!