For helpful comments, we are grateful to Ben Allen, Thad Dunning, Eduardo Gómez, Francesca Jensenius, Jody LaPorte, Scott Mainwaring, Elizabeth Levy Paluck, Neal Richardson, David Samuels, Terri Towner, four anonymous reviewers, and seminar participants at the University of California, Berkeley; the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign; the Center on Democracy, Development, and the Rule of Law at Stanford University; and the Kellogg Institute for International Studies at the University of Notre Dame. Thanks to the Kellogg Institute for research support, and to Eduardo Leoni, Lúcio Rennó, and Cesar Zucco for data assistance. Replication data are available at http://www.taylorboas.com or http://www.fdhidalgo.org.
Controlling the Airwaves: Incumbency Advantage and Community Radio in Brazil
Article first published online: 27 JUL 2011
©2011, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 55, Issue 4, pages 869–885, October 2011
How to Cite
Boas, T. C. and Hidalgo, F. D. (2011), Controlling the Airwaves: Incumbency Advantage and Community Radio in Brazil. American Journal of Political Science, 55: 869–885. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2011.00532.x
- Issue published online: 12 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 27 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!