We benefited from the comments of Adam Berinsky, Mark Dincecco, Robert Franzese, Simon Hug, Nikitas Konstantinidis, Gabe Lenz, Massimiliano Gaetano Onorato, the audiences at European Business School (EBS) University Wiesbaden, Institut Barcelona d’Estudis Internacionals (IBEI), IMT Lucca, New York University, the participants of the 2010 annual meeting of the German Political Science Association’s AK Handlungs- und Entscheidungstheorie, and members of the international political economy research group at ETH Zurich. We would like to thank the editor Rick K. Wilson and our five anonymous reviewers for their excellent suggestions. Jitka Vinuskova and Heidrun Bohnet provided valuable research assistance. We thank Holger Heidrich-Riske from the German Statistical Office and Oliver Watteler from the GESIS – Leibniz-Institut für Sozialwissenschaften for providing data. Supplementary information and replication data for this article are available at http://www.mit.edu/~jhainm/research.htm. The usual disclaimer applies.
How Lasting Is Voter Gratitude? An Analysis of the Short- and Long-Term Electoral Returns to Beneficial Policy
Article first published online: 27 JUL 2011
©2011, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 55, Issue 4, pages 852–868, October 2011
How to Cite
Bechtel, M. M. and Hainmueller, J. (2011), How Lasting Is Voter Gratitude? An Analysis of the Short- and Long-Term Electoral Returns to Beneficial Policy. American Journal of Political Science, 55: 852–868. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2011.00533.x
- Issue published online: 12 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 27 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!