This article was presented at the 2009 Conference on Empirical Legal Studies at the University of Southern California, the Georgetown Public Policy Institute, the George Washington University American Politics Seminar, the Triangle Political Methodology Group at the University of North Carolina, the 2010 Annual Meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association, and the Dreher Colloqium at The Ohio State University. The author is grateful to Marisa Abrajano, Michael Bailey, Rafaela Dancygier, Bernard Fraga, Emily Gregory, Gary King, Stefano M. Iacus, John McTague, Marc Meredith, Michael Parkin, Deborah Schildkraut, John Sides, and Erik Voeten for comments or other assistance. The author also acknowledges excellent research assistance by Robert Biemesderfer, Elina Clavelli, Douglas Kovel, Gracie Rios, Anton Strezhnev, and William Tamplin as well as the assistance of scores of election officials in California counties. The article is stronger thanks to comments from the anonymous reviewers and AJPS editor Rick Wilson. This article was previously titled “Language Access and Initiative Outcomes.”
Translating into Votes: The Electoral Impacts of Spanish-Language Ballots
Article first published online: 27 JUL 2011
© 2011, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 55, Issue 4, pages 814–830, October 2011
How to Cite
Hopkins, D. J. (2011), Translating into Votes: The Electoral Impacts of Spanish-Language Ballots. American Journal of Political Science, 55: 814–830. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2011.00534.x
- Issue published online: 12 OCT 2011
- Article first published online: 27 JUL 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!