For critical remarks and helpful discussions, we thank Jerry Avorn, Einer Elhauge, Gary King, Bruce Psaty, Meredith Rosenthal, Katherine Swartz, Heidi Williams, the Editor and anonymous reviewers, and audiences at Harvard Medical School, Harvard Law School, the Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences, and the Ohio State University. Carpenter acknowledges the National Science Foundation (SES-0076452 and SES-0351048), a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Investigator Award in Health Policy Research, and the Safra Center for Ethics at Harvard University. Carpenter and Moffitt also acknowledge the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Scholars in Health Policy Research Program. All replication data and code for this article will be available on the date of publication at http://people.hmdc.harvard.edu/~dcarpent/fdaproject/deadlinesstudy2011.html.
The Complications of Controlling Agency Time Discretion: FDA Review Deadlines and Postmarket Drug Safety
Article first published online: 14 OCT 2011
© 2011, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 56, Issue 1, pages 98–114, January 2012
How to Cite
Carpenter, D., Chattopadhyay, J., Moffitt, S. and Nall, C. (2012), The Complications of Controlling Agency Time Discretion: FDA Review Deadlines and Postmarket Drug Safety. American Journal of Political Science, 56: 98–114. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2011.00544.x
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 14 OCT 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!