I thank Lene Aarøe, Leda Cosmides, Pete Hatemi, Rob Kurzban, Andreas Roepstorff, Rune Slothuus, Svend-Erik Skaaning, Rune Stubager, Kim Mannemar Sønderskov, Jesper Sørensen, four anonymous reviewers, and Editor Rick K. Wilson for thorough advice and comments in the preparation of this article.
Social Welfare as Small-Scale Help: Evolutionary Psychology and the Deservingness Heuristic
Article first published online: 18 OCT 2011
© 2011, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 56, Issue 1, pages 1–16, January 2012
How to Cite
Petersen, M. B. (2012), Social Welfare as Small-Scale Help: Evolutionary Psychology and the Deservingness Heuristic. American Journal of Political Science, 56: 1–16. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2011.00545.x
This research was funded by a grant from the Danish Research Foundation to the author (grant #275–07-0068). Replication data are stored at the Danish Data Archive (http://samfund.dda.dk/default-en.asp).
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 18 OCT 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!