Antoine J. Banks is Assistant Professor of Government and Politics, University of Maryland, 3140 Tydings Hall, College Park, MD 20742 (email@example.com). Nicholas A. Valentino is Associate Professor of Political Science, University of Michigan, 4244 ISR, 426 Thompson St., Ann Arbor, MI 48109 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Emotional Substrates of White Racial Attitudes
Article first published online: 23 JAN 2012
© 2012, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 56, Issue 2, pages 286–297, April 2012
How to Cite
Banks, A. J. and Valentino, N. A. (2012), Emotional Substrates of White Racial Attitudes. American Journal of Political Science, 56: 286–297. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2011.00561.x
This research was supported by the Gerald R. Ford Dissertation grant to the first author and by the Mike Hogg Endowment for Community Affairs and the Annette Strauss Institute for Civic Participation while the second author was at the University of Texas at Austin. The authors thank Erin Byrd, Joanne Ibarra, Sanata Sy-Sahande, and Kerry Jones for excellent research assistance and Vincent Hutchings, Donald Kinder, Norbert Schwarz, and Eric Groenendyk for helpful feedback. Data needed to replicate the analyses presented in this article can be found at http://web.me.com/antoinebanks/Antoine_Banks/Research.html.
- Issue published online: 16 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 23 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!