Kathleen Bawn is Associate Professor of Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 4289 Bunche Hall, Box 951472, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1472 (email@example.com). Zeynep Somer-Topcu is Assistant Professor of Political Science, Vanderbilt University, 354 Commons Center, 230 Appleton Place, Nashville, TN 37203 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Government versus Opposition at the Polls: How Governing Status Affects the Impact of Policy Positions
Article first published online: 23 JAN 2012
© 2012, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 56, Issue 2, pages 433–446, April 2012
How to Cite
Bawn, K. and Somer-Topcu, Z. (2012), Government versus Opposition at the Polls: How Governing Status Affects the Impact of Policy Positions. American Journal of Political Science, 56: 433–446. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2011.00563.x
Both authors contributed equally to the article. An earlier version of this article was presented at the 2010 annual meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association. We thank James Adams and seminar participants at Michigan, Stanford, and UCLA for helpful comments and Emma Watson for research assistance. All remaining errors are the authors’ sole responsibility. Data for this project can be found at http://my.vanderbilt.edu/somertopcu.
- Issue published online: 16 APR 2012
- Article first published online: 23 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!