Kathleen Bawn is Associate Professor of Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 4289 Bunche Hall, Box 951472, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1472 (email@example.com). Zeynep Somer-Topcu is Assistant Professor of Political Science, Vanderbilt University, 354 Commons Center, 230 Appleton Place, Nashville, TN 37203 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Government versus Opposition at the Polls: How Governing Status Affects the Impact of Policy Positions
Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2012
© 2012, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 56, Issue 2, pages 433–446, April 2012
How to Cite
Bawn, K. and Somer-Topcu, Z. (2012), Government versus Opposition at the Polls: How Governing Status Affects the Impact of Policy Positions. American Journal of Political Science, 56: 433–446. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2011.00563.x
Both authors contributed equally to the article. An earlier version of this article was presented at the 2010 annual meeting of the Midwest Political Science Association. We thank James Adams and seminar participants at Michigan, Stanford, and UCLA for helpful comments and Emma Watson for research assistance. All remaining errors are the authors’ sole responsibility. Data for this project can be found at http://my.vanderbilt.edu/somertopcu.
- Issue online: 16 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 23 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!