Sven-Oliver Proksch is a Research Fellow at the Mannheim Center for European Social Research (MZES) and the Research Center SFB 884 “Political Economy of Reforms,” University of Mannheim, 68131 Mannheim, Germany (email@example.com). Jonathan B. Slapin is Assistant Professor of Political Science, University of Houston, Philip Guthrie Hoffman Hall, Room 447, Houston, TX 77204-3011 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Institutional Foundations of Legislative Speech
Article first published online: 1 FEB 2012
© 2012, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 56, Issue 3, pages 520–537, July 2012
How to Cite
Proksch, S.-O. and Slapin, J. B. (2012), Institutional Foundations of Legislative Speech. American Journal of Political Science, 56: 520–537. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2011.00565.x
The authors are listed alphabetically. Both authors have contributed equally to all work. We thank Kira Killermann, Linh Nguyen, and Sander Ensink for excellent research assistance and Serra Boranbay, Thomas Bräuninger, Thomas Gschwend, Christopher Kam, Thomas König, Elisabeth Schulte, Georg Vanberg, Jonathan Woon, and seminar participants at the University of Mannheim, Rice University, EITM Europe, and the DVPW Working Group on Behavioral Decision Making for helpful comments and suggestions. We especially thank Thomas Gschwend, Hermann Schmitt, Andreas Wüst, and Thomas Zittel for sharing the German candidate survey data. Sven-Oliver Proksch acknowledges that the research leading to these results has received funding from the European Community’s Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007–2013) under grant agreement number 239268 (Marie Curie International Reintegration Grant).
- Issue published online: 16 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 1 FEB 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!