The authors are grateful to Jessica Harrell and Carleen Graham for their research assistance. Previous versions of this article were presented at the 2009 “Reducing Poverty: Assessing Recent State Policy Innovations and Strategies” Conference at Emory University, the 2010 State Politics and Policy Conference in Springfield, IL, the 2010 Meetings of the American Political Science Association in Washington, DC, and workshops in the Emory Departments of Political Science and Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. We thank Drew Linzer, Georgia Representative Mary Margaret Oliver, Neil Malhotra, Holona LeAnne Ochs, Claire Wofford, Rick Wilson, four anonymous AJPS reviewers, and many other colleagues for their very helpful comments and suggestions. Replication data for this study are available at http://dvn.iq.harvard.edu/dvn/dv/breingold. Research support was provided by the National Science Foundation (SES-0618368, Kathleen A. Bratton, Kerry L. Haynie, and Beth Reingold, Principal Investigators) and the Institute for Advanced Policy Solutions, the Provost's Strategic Fund, and the Department of Women's Studies at Emory University.
Welfare Policymaking and Intersections of Race, Ethnicity, and Gender in U.S. State Legislatures
Article first published online: 16 DEC 2011
© 2011, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 56, Issue 1, pages 131–147, January 2012
How to Cite
Reingold, B. and Smith, A. R. (2012), Welfare Policymaking and Intersections of Race, Ethnicity, and Gender in U.S. State Legislatures. American Journal of Political Science, 56: 131–147. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2011.00569.x
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2012
- Article first published online: 16 DEC 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
If your institution is a registered Wiley Online Library customer, you can log in under your institution's name to see our content. This access is provided by Shibboleth or Athens.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!