I would like to thank Temple University for the financial support making this research possible. I am grateful to Kevin Hockmuth, Kathy Seizer Javian, and Helaine Liwacz for their research assistance. Finally, the article benefited greatly from the comments I received from several people, including Rick Wilson, the anonymous reviewers, Jamie Druckman, Stanley Feldman, Leonie Huddy, Jenn Jerit, Matt Levendusky, George Marcus, Rose McDermott, David Nickerson, Michael Peress, participants at the 8th Triennial Choice Symposium, Florida State University Political Science Colloquium, New York Area Political Psychology Colloquium, Temple University Social Psychology Seminar, and the University of California at Merced Social Science Seminar. Any errors remain my own. Replication files are available at http://www.astro.temple.edu/~arceneau/cogbias.zip.
Cognitive Biases and the Strength of Political Arguments
Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2012
© 2012, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 56, Issue 2, pages 271–285, April 2012
How to Cite
Arceneaux, K. (2012), Cognitive Biases and the Strength of Political Arguments. American Journal of Political Science, 56: 271–285. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2011.00573.x
- Issue online: 16 APR 2012
- Version of Record online: 17 JAN 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!