Earlier versions of this article were presented at the third annual West Coast Experiments Meeting in May 2010 and the annual meeting of the International Society of Political Psychology in July 2010. I am very grateful to Jim DeNardo, Zoltan Hajnal, Shanto Iyengar, Mary McThomas, Jim Morone, David O. Sears, Lynn Vavreck, Rick Wilson, John Zaller, and especially two anonymous reviewers for helpful feedback. Special thanks also go to the National Science Foundation for financial support of this project (SES-0968830). Replication data from the November 2009, CCAP Reinterview Survey can be found at my website, http://mst.michaeltesler.com/Papers.html. All other survey data used in this study are publicly available from the American National Election Study's (http://www.electionstudies.org) and Roper Center's data archives (http://www.ropercenter.uconn.edu/).
The Spillover of Racialization into Health Care: How President Obama Polarized Public Opinion by Racial Attitudes and Race
Version of Record online: 13 FEB 2012
© 2012, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 56, Issue 3, pages 690–704, July 2012
How to Cite
Tesler, M. (2012), The Spillover of Racialization into Health Care: How President Obama Polarized Public Opinion by Racial Attitudes and Race. American Journal of Political Science, 56: 690–704. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2011.00577.x
- Issue online: 16 JUL 2012
- Version of Record online: 13 FEB 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!