This work was supported in part by National Science Foundation grants EAI-0201634, IIS-0306698, and Carnegie Corporation of New York grant D05008. We would like to thank Benjamin B. Bederson, Frederick G. Conrad, and Michael W. Traugott for their collaboration on the larger project. We would also like to thank the voting system vendors, the participants in our study, the staff and undergraduate and graduate research assistants at the Center for American Politics and Citizenship of the University of Maryland, and numerous undergraduate and graduate research assistants at the University of Maryland, University of Rochester, and University of Michigan. For helpful comments we wish to thank Daniel Biggers, Ozan Kalkan, Irwin Morris, and participants in the University of Maryland American Politics Workshop, and the Rooney Center Visiting Scholar Speaker Series at the University of Notre Dame. We also wish to thank the five anonymous reviewers and the Editor for their close reading of the article and thoughtful suggestions and guidance. All errors are our own. The data used in this study can be found at http://www.capc.umd.edu/research/data_archive/Impact_of_Ballots_on_Voter_Errors_AJPS.html.
The Impact of Ballot Type on Voter Errors
Article first published online: 21 FEB 2012
© 2012, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 56, Issue 3, pages 716–730, July 2012
How to Cite
Herrnson, P. S., Hanmer, M. J. and Niemi, R. G. (2012), The Impact of Ballot Type on Voter Errors. American Journal of Political Science, 56: 716–730. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2011.00579.x
- Issue published online: 16 JUL 2012
- Article first published online: 21 FEB 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Type your institution's name in the box below. If your institution is a Wiley customer, it will appear in the list of suggested institutions and you will be able to log in to access content. Some users may also log in directly via OpenAthens.
Please note that there are currently a number of duplicate entries in the list of institutions. We are actively working on fixing this issue and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!