Guy Grossman is Assistant Professor, Department of Political Science, 225 Stiteler Hall, 208 S. 37th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6215 (email@example.com). Delia Baldassarri is Associate Professor, Department of Sociology, 147 Wallace Hall, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Impact of Elections on Cooperation: Evidence from a Lab-in-the-Field Experiment in Uganda
Article first published online: 18 JUN 2012
©2012, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 56, Issue 4, pages 964–985, October 2012
How to Cite
Grossman, G. and Baldassarri, D. (2012), The Impact of Elections on Cooperation: Evidence from a Lab-in-the-Field Experiment in Uganda. American Journal of Political Science, 56: 964–985. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2012.00596.x
We are grateful to Alex Barnard, Eliana Horn, Vivian Lu, and Sylvie Hoster and to our local team of enumerators for excellent research assistance. We thank Diego Gambetta, Benjamin Goodrich, Elizabeth Sperber, Kristin Michelitch, Laura Paler, Timothy Frye, Kimuli Kasara, Michael Hechter, Macartan Humphreys, David Laitin, David Stasavage, three anonymous reviewers, and participants in various seminars and conferences for helpful comments. D.B. gratefully acknowledges support from the NSF Grant SES(IOS)-0924778 and the Princeton Institute for International and Regional Studies. G.G. gratefully acknowledges support from the NSF Doctoral Dissertation Improvement Grant SES-0921204 and Princeton University's Office of Population Research. Data for replication can be found at http://dvn.iq.harvard.edu/dvn/dv/guygrossman.
Social differentiation denotes the tendency of groups and communities to develop hierarchies, in which social roles are defined as a set of rights and duties members are expected to fulfill (Eguíluz et al. 2005).
- Issue published online: 4 OCT 2012
- Article first published online: 18 JUN 2012
This article has been cited by:
- 2Elinor Ostrom’s challenge for laboratory experiments, Journal of Natural Resources Policy Research, 2014, 6, 4, 279,
- 4Leadership and the voluntary provision of public goods: Field evidence from Bolivia, Journal of Public Economics, 2014,, ,
- 5The Impact of Recentralization on Public Services: A Difference-in-Differences Analysis of the Abolition of Elected Councils in Vietnam, American Political Science Review, 2014, 108, 01, 144, , ,
- 6Towards an Understanding of the Performance of Ambient Tax Mechanisms in the Field: Evidence from Upstate New York Dairy Farmers, American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 2014, 96, 1, 92, ,
- 7Earnings management and participation in accounting standard-setting, Central European Journal of Operations Research, 2013,, ,