Kalkan acknowledges the postdoctoral fellowship in quantitative methods he received from University of Oxford, Department of Politics and International Relations, between 2009 and 2010. For thoughtful and constructive comments on earlier versions of this work, we would like to thank Chris Achen, Mike Alvarez, Dave Armstrong, Brandon Bartels, Dan Biggers, Tom Carsey, Anne Cizmar, Dan Corstange, Sarah Croco, Jill Curry, Jim Curry, Ray Duch, Justin Esarey, Rob Franzese, Bill Greene, Kosuke Imai, Bill Jacoby, Karen Long Jusko, Gary King, Jon Ladd, Eric Lawrence, Geoff Layman, Scott Long, Irwin Morris, Irfan Nooruddin, Bill Reed, John Sides, Jeff Smith, Piotr Swistak, Ric Uslaner, Nick Valentino, and Chris Zorn. For research assistance, we thank Christina Heshmatpour and Ilya Kopysitsky. We also wish to thank the anonymous reviewers and the Editor for their close reading of the article, thoughtful suggestions, and guidance. All errors are our own.
Behind the Curve: Clarifying the Best Approach to Calculating Predicted Probabilities and Marginal Effects from Limited Dependent Variable Models
Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
©2012, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 57, Issue 1, pages 263–277, January 2013
How to Cite
Hanmer, M. J. and Ozan Kalkan, K. (2013), Behind the Curve: Clarifying the Best Approach to Calculating Predicted Probabilities and Marginal Effects from Limited Dependent Variable Models. American Journal of Political Science, 57: 263–277. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2012.00602.x
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 18 JUL 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!