Brian D. McKenzie is Assistant Professor of Government and Politics, University of Maryland, 3140 Tydings Hall, College Park, MD 20742 (email@example.com). Stella M. Rouse is Assistant Professor of Government and Politics and Research Fellow at the Center for American Politics and Citizenship, University of Maryland, 3140 Tydings Hall, College Park, MD 20742 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Shades of Faith: Religious Foundations of Political Attitudes among African Americans, Latinos, and Whites
Article first published online: 7 AUG 2012
©2012, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 57, Issue 1, pages 218–235, January 2013
How to Cite
McKenzie, B. D. and Rouse, S. M. (2013), Shades of Faith: Religious Foundations of Political Attitudes among African Americans, Latinos, and Whites. American Journal of Political Science, 57: 218–235. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2012.00611.x
Both authors contributed equally to this article, thus names appear in alphabetical order. We thank James Garand, Eric McDaniel, Kathleen Bratton, Sylvia Manzano, Karen Kaufmann, Ted Jelen, Jim Gimpel, and the participants of the American Politics Workshop at the University of Maryland for their helpful suggestions on earlier versions of this article. Comments from the AJPS editor, Rick K. Wilson, and three anonymous reviewers significantly improved this project. Rouse acknowledges financial support from the Ford Foundation and from the Center for the Study of Race, Ethnicity and Gender in the Social Sciences at Duke University, where she spent the 2010 academic year as a Post-Doctoral Fellow. To obtain a copy of the data for replication, please go to http://www.bsos.umd.edu/gvpt/srouse/.
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 7 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!