We thank James L. Gibson, Eric D. Lawrence, John Sides, anonymous reviewers, and participants at the MIT American Politics Workshop and the George Washington University Junior Faculty Colloquium for helpful feedback and suggestions. The Annenberg Supreme Court Study Data can be obtained from http://www.annenbergpublicpolicycenter.org. Data for the survey experiment examined in this article were collected through NSF Grant 0094964. Data analyzed in the article are available at http://home.gwu.edu/~bartels/ajps_legitimacy.html.
On the Ideological Foundations of Supreme Court Legitimacy in the American Public
Article first published online: 28 AUG 2012
©2012, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 57, Issue 1, pages 184–199, January 2013
How to Cite
Bartels, B. L. and Johnston, C. D. (2013), On the Ideological Foundations of Supreme Court Legitimacy in the American Public. American Journal of Political Science, 57: 184–199. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2012.00616.x
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 28 AUG 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!