We thank Gary Jacobson, Keith Krehbiel, Doug Kriner, Jeff Lewis, and Keith Poole for data used in this project. We also gratefully acknowledge John Aldrich, Michael Bailey, Matthew Beckmann, Adam Berinsky, Chris Berry, Steve Callander, Charles Cameron, Brandice Canes-Wrone, Saul Jackman, Simon Jackman, Jeff Jenkins, Thad Kousser, Keith Krehbiel, Nolan McCarty, Eric Oliver, Eric Schickler, Boris Shor, Betsy Sinclair, Rob Van Houweling, five anonymous reviewers, and participants in seminars at Berkeley, Chicago, Duke, Notre Dame, Stanford, and Texas A&M for helpful comments and suggestions. For financial support, we thank the National Science Foundation, the Bradley Foundation, and the Program on Political Institutions at the University of Chicago. Mateusz Tomkowiak provided capable research assistance. All replication files can be accessed through the AJPS Dataverse at http://dvn.iq.harvard.edu/dvn/dv/ajps/faces/study/StudyPage.xhtml?globalId=hdl:1902.1/18254. Supplementary appendices are available at the AJPS website.
War, the Presidency, and Legislative Voting Behavior
Article first published online: 5 SEP 2012
©2012, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 57, Issue 1, pages 150–166, January 2013
How to Cite
Howell, W. G. and Rogowski, J. C. (2013), War, the Presidency, and Legislative Voting Behavior. American Journal of Political Science, 57: 150–166. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2012.00619.x
- Issue published online: 2 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 5 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!