I am grateful to Thomas Pogge, Miriam Ronzoni, Henry Shue, Annie Stilz, and John Tasioulas for reading and commenting on earlier drafts of this article. Previous incarnations of it (by the title “Global Justice and Assistance: Three Approaches and a Fourth One”) were presented at the Nuffield Political Theory Workshop (Oxford, 2008), the University of Manchester Political Theory Seminar (Manchester, 2009), the Political Studies Association Annual Conference (Manchester, 2009), and the International Ethics and Public Policy reading group (ANU, 2009). I wish to thank the participants at these events, particularly Christian Barry, Richard Child, Pablo Gilabert, Robert Jubb, and Patrick Tomlin (twice), for excellent comments and critical remarks. I am also grateful to the Editor of the American Journal of Political Science and the anonymous reviewers of this article for their detailed and helpful comments. Finally, special thanks go to Christian List for his advice, patience, and continued support.
Justice, Charity, and Disaster Relief: What, If Anything, Is Owed to Haiti, Japan, and New Zealand?
Article first published online: 26 NOV 2012
© 2012, Midwest Political Science Association
American Journal of Political Science
Volume 57, Issue 2, pages 491–503, April 2013
How to Cite
Valentini, L. (2013), Justice, Charity, and Disaster Relief: What, If Anything, Is Owed to Haiti, Japan, and New Zealand?. American Journal of Political Science, 57: 491–503. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5907.2012.00622.x
- Issue published online: 5 APR 2013
- Article first published online: 26 NOV 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!