Steven A. Yourstone is Assistant Professor of Production and Operations Management at the Anderson Schools of Management, University of New Mexico. He received his Ph.D. in operations management from the University of Washington. He is a member of the American Society for Quality Control, Decision Sciences Institute, and the Institute of Management Science, and serves on the board of directors for the Albuquerque, New Mexico chapter of the American Production and Inventory Control Society. His primary research interests are in the areas of statistical process control methods, project management, and manufacturing strategy. Recent publications have appeared in Quality and Reliability Engineering International.
Non-Normality and the Design of Control Charts for Averages*
Article first published online: 7 JUN 2007
Volume 23, Issue 5, pages 1099–1113, September 1992
How to Cite
Yourstone, S. A. and Zimmer, W. J. (1992), Non-Normality and the Design of Control Charts for Averages. Decision Sciences, 23: 1099–1113. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5915.1992.tb00437.x
The authors wish to thank the referees and the Associate Editor for many helpful suggestions and proposed changes. Their input has resulted in a much improved paper.
- Issue published online: 7 JUN 2007
- Article first published online: 7 JUN 2007
- Received: June 7, 1991. Accepted: March 24, 1992.
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!