Ajay Das is an assistant professor of operations management at the Zicklin School of Business, Baruch College, City University of New York. He received a PhD in production and Operations Management from Michigan State University. His research interests include quality management, Manufacturig flexibility, and supply cai management. His research has been published in Decision Sciences, Journal of Operations Management, international Journal of Production Research, Production and Inventory Management Journal, Management International Review, and the International Journal of Purchasing and Matrials Management, among other refereed journals.
A Contingent View of Quality Management-The Impact of International Competition on Quality
Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2007
Volume 31, Issue 3, pages 649–690, September 2000
How to Cite
Das, A., Handfield, R. B., Calantone, R. J. and Ghosh, S. (2000), A Contingent View of Quality Management-The Impact of International Competition on Quality. Decision Sciences, 31: 649–690. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5915.2000.tb00938.x
Robert Handfield is the Bank of America University Distinguished Professor of Supply Chain Management in the College of Management at North Carolina State University. His research on supply Chain management and environmentally responsible manufacturing has resulted in over 40 published articles in journals such as Decision Sciences, Sloan Management Review. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, and Others. He has also co-authored several textbooks on supply chain management.
Roger C. Calantone is a Broad Professor of Marketing at Michigan State University. His research interests include new product development, Structural equation modeling, decision support systems and marketing relationships. He has published over 100 articles in refereed journals such as Management Science, Decision Sciences, IEEE Transactions on Engineerig Management, and Journal of Marketing.
Soumen Ghosh is an associate professor of operations management at Georgia Institute of Technology. His research interests include quality management and optimal control theory. He has published in journals such as Decision Sciences, IIE Transactions, Journal of Operations Management, and others.
- Issue online: 7 JUN 2007
- Version of Record online: 7 JUN 2007
- Received: September 29, 1998. Accepted: August 23, 2000
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!