David L. Krantz is professor of psychology at Lake Forest College. Having obtained his PhD in experimental psychology at Northwestern University, he spent a postdoctoral year in history and philosophy of science with Thomas Kuhn. Subsequently president of APA's History of Psychology Division and a fellow at the Center for Advanced Study in Behavioral Science, his research has examined various psychological issues from historical, philosophical, and social perspectives. The central concern of many of these studies is how people find meaning in their lives whether in work, spiritual engagement, or through self-help sources. He has taught and/or researched in Indonesia, Kenya, South Africa, Belgium, and Holland.
Carlos Castaneda and His Followers: Finding Life's Meaning in Your Local Bookstore
Version of Record online: 3 JUL 2006
The Journal of Popular Culture
Volume 39, Issue 4, pages 576–598, August 2006
How to Cite
KRANTZ, D. L. (2006), Carlos Castaneda and His Followers: Finding Life's Meaning in Your Local Bookstore. The Journal of Popular Culture, 39: 576–598. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5931.2006.00280.x
- Issue online: 3 JUL 2006
- Version of Record online: 3 JUL 2006
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!