Song, Story, or History: Resisting Claims of a Coded Message in the African American Spiritual “Follow the Drinking Gourd”
Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2008
© 2008, Copyright the Authors; Journal compilation © 2008, Blackwell Publishing, Inc.
The Journal of Popular Culture
Volume 41, Issue 2, pages 262–280, April 2008
How to Cite
KELLEY, J. B. (2008), Song, Story, or History: Resisting Claims of a Coded Message in the African American Spiritual “Follow the Drinking Gourd”. The Journal of Popular Culture, 41: 262–280. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5931.2008.00502.x
- Issue online: 18 MAR 2008
- Version of Record online: 18 MAR 2008
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!