Without implicating them, we would like to thank Paul Beaudry, David Green, Louise Grogan, Vegard Iversen, Shilpi Kapur, Thomas Lemieux, Vadim Marmer, Marit Rehavi, participants of the DIET Workshop of the Department of Economics, the CWAG brownbag workshop of the Center for Women and Gender Studies (both at the University of British Columbia), and the World Bank. We are especially grateful to two anonymous referees for helpful comments on an earlier version of the paper. A grant from UBC’s Hampton Research Fund is gratefully acknowledged. Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Domestic violence and women's autonomy in developing countries: theory and evidence
Article first published online: 18 NOV 2011
© Canadian Economics Association
Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique
Volume 44, Issue 4, pages 1222–1263, November / novembre 2011
How to Cite
Eswaran, M. and Malhotra, N. (2011), Domestic violence and women's autonomy in developing countries: theory and evidence. Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, 44: 1222–1263. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5982.2011.01673.x
- Issue published online: 18 NOV 2011
- Article first published online: 18 NOV 2011
Options for accessing this content:
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!