Helen Simpson is also affiliated with the IFS and OUCBT. I would like to thank the ESRC (RES-060-25-0033) and the CMPO for financial support for this research. I thank Steve Bond for valuable discussions and an anonymous referee, Laura Abramovsky, Marius Brülhart, Robert Elliott, Rachel Griffith, Rupert Harrison, Kala Krishna, Gareth Macartney, Thierry Mayer, Steve Nickell, Jon Temple and conference and seminar participants for helpful comments. This work contains statistical data from ONS, which is Crown copyright and reproduced with the permission of the controller of HMSO and Queen's Printer for Scotland. The use of the ONS statistical data in this work does not imply the endorsement of the ONS in relation to the interpretation or analysis of the statistical data. This work uses research data sets which may not exactly reproduce National Statistics aggregates. All errors are my responsibility. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Investment abroad and labour adjustment at home: evidence from UK multinational firms
Article first published online: 3 MAY 2012
© Canadian Economics Association
Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique
Volume 45, Issue 2, pages 698–731, May 2012
How to Cite
Simpson, H. (2012), Investment abroad and labour adjustment at home: evidence from UK multinational firms. Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, 45: 698–731. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-5982.2012.01712.x
- Issue published online: 3 MAY 2012
- Article first published online: 3 MAY 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!