Todd L. Ely is assistant professor in the School of Public Affairs at the University of Colorado Denver, where he teaches courses on governmental budgeting and accounting, public fi nance, and local government management. His research addresses the fi nancing of state and local public services, education fi nance and policy, and public and nonprofi t fi nancial management. E-mail: email@example.com
Beating the Clock: Strategic Management under the Threat of Direct Democracy
Article first published online: 12 NOV 2012
© 2012 by The American Society for Public Administration
Public Administration Review
Volume 73, Issue 1, pages 38–48, January/February 2013
How to Cite
Ely, T. L. and Jacob, B. (2013), Beating the Clock: Strategic Management under the Threat of Direct Democracy. Public Administration Review, 73: 38–48. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6210.2012.02594.x
Benoy Jacob is assistant professor in the School of Public Affairs at the University of Colorado Denver and director of the Center for Local Government Research and Training in the Buechner Institute for Governance. His research addresses issues in local political economy. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 12 NOV 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!