Hyunjung Kim is assistant professor in the Department of Management at California State University, Chico. She received her doctorate in public administration from the University at Albany. She uses ethnographic methods and causal mapping methods to represent and understand the social process of aligning different mental models of decision makers. She also uses systems thinking and system dynamics modeling to enhance decision making in various management groups. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Simulation and Managerial Decision Making:A Double-Loop Learning Framework
Version of Record online: 4 FEB 2013
© 2013 by The American Society for Public Administration
Public Administration Review
Volume 73, Issue 2, pages 291–300, March/April 2013
How to Cite
Kim, H., MacDonald, R. H. and Andersen, D. F. (2013), Simulation and Managerial Decision Making:A Double-Loop Learning Framework. Public Administration Review, 73: 291–300. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6210.2012.02656.x
Roderick H. MacDonald is director of the Initiative for System Dynamics in the Public Sector at the Rockefeller College of Public Affairs and Policy, University at Albany. He earned his doctorate in public administration, focusing on the development of system dynamics simulation models as decision support tools. He has used system dynamics to address problems in various policy areas, including the delivery of mental health services, Social Security disability programs, DWI recidivism, and traffi c safety. E-mail: email@example.com
David F. Andersen is Distinguished Service Professor of Public Administration, Public Policy, and Information Science at the University at Albany. He has served as a technical consultant to public and nonprofi t agencies in the federal, state, and local sectors, as well as corporate clients in North America and Europe. He is coauthor of Introduction to Computer Simulation: The System Dynamics Modeling Approach and Government Information Management. He holds a doctorate in management from MIT's Sloan School. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issue online: 19 FEB 2013
- Version of Record online: 4 FEB 2013
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!