Stephen E. Condrey is president of Condrey and Associates, Inc., president-elect of the American Society for Public Administration, and chairman of the Federal Salary Council. His publications have appeared in Public Administration Review, Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, American Review of Public Administration, and elsewhere. He is editor of the Handbook of Human Resource Management in Government (3rd ed.) and editor-in-chief of the Review of Public Personnel Administration. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting It Right: How and Why We Should Compare Federal and Private Sector Compensation
Article first published online: 24 SEP 2012
© 2012 by The American Society for Public Administration
Public Administration Review
Volume 72, Issue 6, pages 784–785, November/December 2012
How to Cite
Condrey, S. E., Facer, R. L. and Llorens, J. J. (2012), Getting It Right: How and Why We Should Compare Federal and Private Sector Compensation. Public Administration Review, 72: 784–785. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6210.2012.02664.x
Jared J. Llorens is assistant professor in the Public Administration Institute at Louisiana State University. Before beginning his academic career, he served as human resource specialist with both the U.S. Offi ce of Personnel Management and the U.S. Department of Labor. His research interests include public sector compensation, human resources automation, and civil service reform. He received his doctorate in public administration from The University of Georgia in 2007. E-mail: email@example.com
Rex L. Facer II is associate professor of public fi nance and management at Brigham Young University. He is a member of the Federal Salary Council. His research on human resource and local government issues has been broadly published. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issue published online: 7 NOV 2012
- Article first published online: 24 SEP 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you have access to this content through a society membership, please first log in to your society website.
- If you would like institutional access to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!