Gene A. Brewer is associate professor in the Department of Public Administration and Policy at the University of Georgia. His research interests include administrative reform, human resource management, public service performance, and policy implementation. He teaches graduate seminars on the main campus in Athens and lectures and consults on public management and selected policy issues internationally. He is currently a visiting professor of public management at Utrecht University in the Netherlands. E-mail: email@example.com
Personnel Constraints in Public Organizations: The Impact of Reward and Punishment on Organizational Performance
Article first published online: 6 DEC 2012
© 2012 by The American Society for Public Administration
Public Administration Review
Volume 73, Issue 1, pages 121–131, January/February 2013
How to Cite
Brewer, G. A. and Walker, R. M. (2013), Personnel Constraints in Public Organizations: The Impact of Reward and Punishment on Organizational Performance. Public Administration Review, 73: 121–131. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6210.2012.02681.x
Richard M. Walker is professor of public management and policy in the Department of Public and Social Administration at City University of Hong Kong. His research interests focus on innovation, publicness, red tape, strategic management and organizational performance in public agencies, together with sustainable development. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issue published online: 17 JAN 2013
- Article first published online: 6 DEC 2012
Options for accessing this content:
- If you are a society or association member and require assistance with obtaining online access instructions please contact our Journal Customer Services team.
- If your institution does not currently subscribe to this content, please recommend the title to your librarian.
- Login via other institutional login options http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/login-options.
- You can purchase online access to this Article for a 24-hour period (price varies by title)
- If you already have a Wiley Online Library or Wiley InterScience user account: login above and proceed to purchase the article.
- New Users: Please register, then proceed to purchase the article.
Login via OpenAthens
Search for your institution's name below to login via Shibboleth.
Registered Users please login:
- Access your saved publications, articles and searches
- Manage your email alerts, orders and subscriptions
- Change your contact information, including your password
Please register to:
- Save publications, articles and searches
- Get email alerts
- Get all the benefits mentioned below!