Subprime Lending and Real Estate Prices
Article first published online: 1 DEC 2010
© 2010 American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association
Real Estate Economics
Volume 39, Issue 1, pages 1–17, Spring 2011
How to Cite
Pavlov, A. and Wachter, S. (2011), Subprime Lending and Real Estate Prices. Real Estate Economics, 39: 1–17. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6229.2010.00284.x
- Issue published online: 27 JAN 2011
- Article first published online: 1 DEC 2010
- 1998. Optimal Financial Crises. The Journal of Finance 53: 1245–1283. and .
- 1999. Innovations in Financial Services, Relationships, and Risk Sharing. Management Science 45: 1239–1253. and .
- 2003. Is There a Bubble in the Housing Market Brookings Papers on Economic Activity (Brookings Institution) 2: 299–342. and .
- 2007. Subprime Lending and the Housing Bubble: Tail Wags Dog? Working Paper. University of California, Irvine. , and .
- 2005. Spatial Heterogeneity in Mortgage Terminations by Refinance, Sale, and Default. Real Estate Economics 33(4): 671–698. , and .
- 2005. Explaining the Boom Cycle, Speculation or Fundamentals The Role of Real Estate in the Asian Crisis. M.E. Sharpe, Inc.: Armonk , NY .
- 1999. Real Estate Value Cycles: A Theory of Market Dynamics. Journal of Real Estate Research 18(1): 69–95. , , and .
- Credit Impairment and Housing Tenure Choice. Journal of Housing Economics. , and . Forthcoming.
- 1999. Real Estate Booms and Banking Busts—An International Perspective. Group of Thirty: Washington , DC . and .
- 2005. Assessing High House Prices: Bubbles, Fundamentals, and Misperceptions. Journal of Economic Perspectives 19(4): 67–92. , and .
- 2006. An Examination of House Price Appreciation in California and the Impact of Aggressive Mortgage Products. Working Paper. California State University-East Bay: Hayward, CA. and .
- International Monetary Fund. 2004. World Economic Outlook: The Global Demographic Transition. Available at http://www.imf.org/external/pubs/ft/weo/2004/02/index.htm.
- 2004. House Prices and Fundamental Value. FRBSF Economic Letter 2004–27. and .
- 2005. That Hissing Sound. The New York Times: August 8.
- 2002. Bubble Trouble? Your Home Has a P/E Ratio Too. UCLA Anderson Forecast. University of California, Los Angeles .
- 2001. Valuing American Options by Simulation: A Simple Least-Squares Approach. Review of Financial Studies 14(1): 113–147. and .
- 2004. Are Home Prices the Next “Bubble” FRBNY Economic Policy Review 10(3): 1–17. and .
- 2001. Competing Risks of Mortgage Terminations: Who Refinances, Who Moves, and Who Defaults The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics 23(2): 185–211.
- 2004. Robbing the Bank: Short-term Players and Asset Prices. The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics 28(2/3): 147–160. and .
- 2005. The Anatomy of Non-recourse Lending. Working Paper. Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, BC. and .
- 2006. The Inevitability of Market-Wide Underpricing of Mortgage Default Risk. Real Estate Economics 34(4): 479–496. and .
- 1992. Residential Mortgage Default: A Review of the Literature. Journal of Housing Research 3: 341–379. and .
- 2005. The Bubble's New Home. Barron's June 20.
- 2005. When is a Housing Bubble Not a Housing Bubble? Working Paper. Pomona College, Claremont, CA. , and .