Does Government Investment in Local Public Goods Spur Gentrification? Evidence from Beijing
Article first published online: 29 JUL 2012
© 2012 American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association
Real Estate Economics
Volume 41, Issue 1, pages 1–28, Spring 2013
How to Cite
Zheng, S. and Kahn, M. E. (2013), Does Government Investment in Local Public Goods Spur Gentrification? Evidence from Beijing. Real Estate Economics, 41: 1–28. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6229.2012.00339.x
- Issue published online: 24 FEB 2013
- Article first published online: 29 JUL 2012
- 2008. The Anticipated Capitalisation Effect of a New Metro Line on Housing Prices. Fiscal Studies 29(2): 233–256. and .
- 2009. Gentrification and Neighborhood Housing Cycles: Will America's Future Downtowns Be Rich? The Review of Economics and Statistics 91(4): 725–743. and .
- 2009. China's Land Market Auctions: Evidence of Corruption. NBER Working Paper No. 15067. , and .
- 2004. Compensating Differentials and the Social Benefits of the NFF. Journal of Urban Economics 56(1): 124–131. and .
- 2006. Compensating Differentials and the Social Benefits of the NFL: Reply. Journal of Urban Economics 60(1): 132–138. and .
- 2005. Valuing Rail Access Using Transport Innovations. Journal of Urban Economics 57(1): 148–169. and .
- 2001. Consumer City. Journal of Economic Geography 1(1): 27–50. , and .
- 2010. Identifying Agglomeration Spillovers: Evidence from Million Dollar Plants. Journal of Political Economy 118(3): 536–598. , and .
- 2008. Land Market under the Competition between the Central and Local Governments. Comparative Economic & Social System (2): 59–64. (in Chinese).
- 2003. Understanding Gentrification: An Empirical Analysis of the Determinants of Urban Housing Renovation. Journal of Urban Economics 54: 474–498.
- 2007. Gentrification Trends in New Transit-Oriented Communities: Evidence from 14 Cities That Expanded and Built Rail Transit Systems. Real Estate Economics 35(2): 155–182.
- 2010. The Housing Market Effects of Discrete Land Use Regulations: Evidence from the California Coastal Boundary Zone. Journal of Housing Economics 19(4): 269–279. , and .
- 2009. From Elevated Freeway to Urban Greenway: Land Value Impacts of the CGC Project in Seoul, Korea. Urban Affairs 46(13): 2771–2794. and .
- 2003. Has Falling Crime Driven New York City's Housing Boom? Journal of Housing Research 14(2): 101–136. , and .
- 2004. Estimating the General Equilibrium Benefits of Large Changes in Spatially Delineated Public Goods. International Economic Review 45(4): 1047–1077. , , and .
- 2003. New Estimates of the Demand for Urban Green Space: Implications for Valuing the Environmental Benefits of Boston's Big Dig Project. Journal of Urban Affairs 25(5): 641–655.
- 2007. Regional Competition, Land Leasing and Local Fiscal Effect: Analysis Based on the Panel Data in Chinese Level Cities during 1999–2003. The Journal of World Economy (10): 15–27. (in Chinese). , and .
- 2008. The Median Voter and the Median Consumer: Local Private Goods and Population Composition. Journal of Urban Economics 63(2): 567–582.
- 2008. Land and Residential Property Markets in a Booming Economy: New Evidence from Beijing. Journal of Urban Economics 63(2): 743–757. and .
- 2008. Financial Decentralization, Economic Growth and Fluctuations. Management World (3): 6–15. (in Chinese). and .